Cairns Advanced IPL
Intense Pulsed Light
Our Advanced Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) System, combines the latest European super fast motion technology with an advanced cooling system resulting in a faster, more effective, pain free IPL treatment. With it’s non-invasive solution that can be tailored to your individual condition and skin type, it successfully treats a wide range of concerns without disruption of the skin’s surface. IPL treatments can make you look and feel great and our IPL system is affordable, safe and effective.
PERMANENT HAIR REDUCTION
IPL, or intense pulsed light, hair removal is a method of removing bodily hair using focused light, and is one of the most effective methods available of permanent hair reduction. Although it is very similar to laser hair removal, it uses a broad spectrum of focused light as opposed to lasers which use a much narrower spectrum. An IPL machine produces hundreds of wavelengths of light, which travel through fibrotic tubes to a hand held device, which is used to focus the light on the area to be treated. It uses white light, which contains all wavelengths of light from red to violet, but filters are used to focus the correct wavelengths or colours of light. The light targets the pigment in hairs, heating up the follicle and damaging the cells that cause hair growth. The hair is then prevented from growing any further.
Our permanent IPL Hair Reduction is suitable for all skin types and most hair colours. We can treat and remove unwanted hair from any part of the face (except around the eyes) and the body (back, chest, bikini, underarms, arms, legs).
Several treatment sessions are required (min 6-8) for desired aesthetic outcome. Permanent hair reduction can only affect hair in the anogen stages of growth which is averaged at 20% of hair reduced at each time per area.
- Allow 4 weeks since your last wax before your 1st IPL treatment.
- Shave the area to be treated 2/3 days before treatment. Do not pluck or wax as the hair bulb needs to be intact to enable an effective treatment.
- The treated area must not be exposed to the sun for 4-6 weeks before and after each treatment. A tan to the treatment area will deem you unsuitable for treatment due to increased safety risk, this includes a fake tan.
- Following treatment, area may appear slightly red and warm (similar to sunburn)
- As hair follicles have been heated the area may swell for a day or so. This swelling is due to heat, not infection and is therefore normal and expected.
- Occasionally slight blistering/micro crusting can occur. Do not scratch/pick at this crusting. Keep it hydrated with a post treatment balm and it will self-resolve.
- You may notice dead hair surfacing for 2-3 weeks after treatment. Although this may appear to be new growth, it is not. This process is called purging or shedding and these hairs will fall out themselves. You may wipe away the hair with a damp cloth or exfoliate once the sensitivity of treated area resolves.
- For optimal results, multiple treatments are recommended 4-8 weeks apart.